This is a group effort, and were doing everything we can to protect our community. It’s a long list, but here’s a summary of all we are doing, and what you can do to help:
What you can expect from us:
- All of our cleaning policies go above and beyond the standards of Fraser Health and Worksafe BC.
- All shared surfaces will be sanitized with hospital grade sanitizer after every class.
- Sanitizer is provided throughout the studio, and frequent use is encouraged.
- Masks are required everywhere except on your yoga mat.
- Students and teachers will be distanced, and capacity is currently 10. No more hands on adjustments. In situations where safety is a factor (Aerial, or example), teachers must sanitize their hands and wear a mask for close encounters.
- No more tea station, water station or social areas.
- Bolsters and one block will be provided for studio Yin classes ONLY. Bolsters will be covered with pillow cases and washed after every use.
- No more shared mats or props- please bring your own.
- You will not be permitted to bring belongings into the studio – just your mat, props & water. All other bags and belongings must stay in the lobby, in the cubbies.
- We are only running Yin & Hatha classes. Aerial, TRX and Vinaysa classes are paused for now.
What we expect from you:
- If you are unwell, STAY HOME. Even if your symptoms are a result of allergies, we ask that you please STAY HOME. If you appear to be sick, you will be asked to leave. If you do have an offhand sneeze or cough, please do so into your elbow. We are providing unlimited virtual classes to all of our members, and we encourage you to take that option on days when you are showing symptoms. We can all work together on this one to keep our studio a safe place!
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the start of a class. The door will remain locked until that time. Please leave in a timely manner after class, and avoid socializing in the lobby (for now – we hope this changes soon!!)
- Masks are required, everywhere except on your mat.
- When you arrive, we ask that you take off your shoes and immediately sanitize your hands. Once you have checked in with the teacher, you can proceed to your spot in the studio. Fill the studio ‘airplane style’ – first to arrive will head to the back, and will exit last.
- Mats will be spaced out by 2.5m – you will see markers on the floor. The centre of your mat will go in the centre of the markers.
- Bring your own water, props and mat. Covered bolsters will be provided for Yin classes only.
- Stay calm and be kind. Let’s connect from a distance.